How To Unlock An Android Phone?
Ever forgot your security pattern or password of your Android device? Yes? Don’t worry it happens with almost everyone. But the major question is, how to unlock an Android phone? Many of you might wandered through the complete internet, but still be disappointed because you could not find the answer. But do not worry at all now, because here is a superb article to solve this critical problem of yours. Before we start, we would like to inform you that unlocking an android phone is no rocket science. So, just be calm and read carefully all the steps, which are mentioned here.
Primarily, there are two ways to unlock your Android phone. First, you can recover either your forgotten password or pattern. Second, you can go for the bigger step, the Factory Reset of your phone. If you do not get it now, do not worry at all, because we will be clearly explaining you both the processes in detail in the article. So, let us just start with the first method, i.e. Recovering of the forgotten password or the pattern.
How To Recover The Forgotten Password Or Pattern Of Your Android Device?
If You Have Numbers As Your Password
As mentioned above, this is the first method to get your phone unlocked. In the majority of times, the passwords are somehow connected to the events or occasions of your life. The phone users hardly ever go with the passwords containing the random numbers or letters in it. Most of the times, people will go with the numbers or letters that have some sort of practical meaning, for example, your date of birth, the part of yours or your loved ones’ phone number or related to it.
However, if you remember that your password contained only four digits, you can try some of the below mentioned ways:
- Try putting the last or initial four digits of your or your loved ones’ phone number
- Your social security number’s last four digits
- Your birth year or you can also try the birth year of your loved ones’, for example, your father’s, mother’s and many more.
- If you are married or graduated, you can try entering the digits of that year also.
If You Have The Drawing Pattern As Your Password
If in case, you have the drawing pattern in you device and you have forgotten it, start by trying the simple designs and symbols. Some of the common designs and symbols include squares, circles, stars, hearts, arrows and a few more. Moreover, you can also try drawing the first letters of your name or of your loved ones.
While trying the random patterns and passwords, beware that you do not exceed the chances. You can only try five times for the incorrect password. Once you exceed this, you will be asked to wait for 30 seconds before you can try again. However, if you still continued trying, your phone will get locked and it will prompt for your Google account password to unlock your phone. In some cases, you can also find your devices getting reset automatically and in this case, you can lose all your data and media inside your phone.
If Not Able To Open, Try To Connect With Your Google Account Password
If you are still not able to recall the password or pattern of your device, the other option is to unlock it by entering the Google account password. So, how to do it?
- The solution is, when you are sure you have forgotten your password, just tap on the “Forgot Password” or “Forgot Pattern” (if you have a pattern lock), button, which is present on the lock screen. Once you do that, it will prompt you to ask for your Gmail ID and the password. After entering the same, you will be able to skip the ‘Enter Password’ screen and you phone will get unlock.
- However, if in case, you do not know your Gmail ID too, just login to your computer and go to the Gmail home page. Once done, click on the “Can’t access your account” and then “I don’t know my username.”
- If still you are not able to retrieve your Gmail ID, the only option you left with is to Factory Reset your phone.
- However, you can give it one last try by taking it to the retailers shop. There are possibilities that they may charge you a little amount as their service charge and even void the warranty on your phone.
Performing The Factory Reset Of Your Android Phone
- This is the second way to get your android phone unlocked. Factory Reset means, resetting your android phone settings from the core. During the process of Factory Reset, you may lose all your data, for example, photos, songs, videos, and other files. Therefore, it is recommended that you transfer all your data into a computer via USB cable. In this way, you can at least keep some of your important stuffs.
- Once you are done, switch off your phone through the power button. After this, press and hold your hardware keys and wait for the recovery screen. These hardware keys, on most of the android phones, are the volume button and the power button. However, in some of the devices, even the home key and camera button can be included. Once you see the all black screen along with the blue text that is the recovery screen.
- Select the option that says “Wipe data/ Factory reset” from the menu you see. Just use the volume-down key to reach the aforementioned option and the power button to select it. Select ‘Yes’ when it asks for it. Here also, select the power button to move down to ‘Yes’ and power button to select it.
- Your phone will be reset itself, just wait for some time. it may take a few minutes to a few hours. Now, when you see the ‘Reboot system now,’ select it by following the similar procedure.
- When the process gets completed, unlock your phone normally. Now your phone is ready again to use. While setting the password this time, just make sure to write it somewhere and place it in a safe place.
So, these were the ways through which you can recover the lost password of your phone. However, we recommend that whenever you change the password, write it down in the safe place.